Oradell Public School
The foundation sponsors a myriad of programs within the school including:
River Dell Middle School and High School
The foundation has been active in the River Dell community. In the last few years, we have:
• Provided major funding for the new professional sound system at River Dell High School.
• Purchased equipment for the weight room at RDHS and lacrosse equipment for the Middle School.
• Contributes annually to Project Graduation.
• Contributed to the RDHS fieldhouse.
Each year, the foundation sponsors teams in just about every league for every sport in town. Sports are very important to Oradell. The great majority of Oradell children are involved in one or more sports activities.
The foundation awards scholarships to two Oradell graduates of River Dell High School annually. We recognize two River Dell Middle School eighth grade students with community service awards. In Oradell Public School, we present monetary awards to two students exhibiting good citizenship via our Good Kids awards.
The foundation is an integral part of life in Oradell, participating in every town-wide event, and sponsoring many of our own. We welcome input from members and residents with ideas for future activities.
• Mini-grants - The mini-grant program gives teachers the ability to request items and programs that are not funded by the Board of Education. Ideas are submitted annually, usually along a theme suggested by the foundation.
• In-school Programs - The foundation has sponsored various programs within the school including artists in residence, the Norwalk Maritime Center series, environment/recycling seminars and mock elections.
• Foundation Grants - The foundation works with school administrators to determine needs in technology, the arts and other areas and funds deserving projects on an ongoing basis.
• Church Street Playground - The foundation partnered with the Oradell PTA to build the modern playground and sitting area behind the school.
© 2013 Oradell Kids Foundation. A 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization. • P.O. Box 230, Oradell, NJ 07649 • email: firstname.lastname@example.org